Any questions regarding data security at Miele? If so, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Security Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org). Further developments in Internet technology will, of course, impact our data security strategy. Should there be any need to modify our policy, timely notification of changes will be given on this website.
1. The information and downloads provided contain no binding guarantees, promises or representations.
2. MIELE cannot assume any responsibility that this data is correct or complete, nor guarantee the quality or reliability of the information or results produced therewith. In no way shall MIELE be liable for direct, consequential or incidental damage resulting from the downloads such as the interruption of service, lost profits and loss of data or information. Downloads provided by Miele should only be used after prior consultation with Miele.
3. MIELE does not assume any liability whatsoever resulting from the use or lack of use of the downloads or from hardware or software errors or incorrect system settings. The use of the downloads is done at the user's own risk and discretion. MIELE shall not assume any liability for software and information, in particular with respect to its fitness for a specific purpose, the validity of its content or its freedom from viruses.
4. MIELE assumes no responsibility for damage caused by viruses, trojan horses, hoax viruses or other code that manifests destructive or damaging properties, or for programs, parts of programs or code or the interruption of services resulting from such corrupted data. The user is expected to take precautionary measures to protect against viruses or other destructive data.
5. Miele assumes no responsibility for errors in transmission of data to Miele, the manipulation of such data by unauthorised third parties, in particular through access to Miele networks and systems.
6. This does not include cases of intent or gross neglect and does not apply in cases in which guarantees regarding the properties of downloads were made or in the case of infringements against substantial contractual obligations. The same applies to cases of injuries and bodily harm as well as to responsibilities resulting from product liability. Damages resulting from an infringement of substantial contractual obligations is however limited to such damages as are deemed foreseeable and typical in the context of similar contracts. The above does not imply a reversal in the burden of proof to the detriment of the user.
Information on data security at Miele
Miele on data security
Miele, as a manufacturer of high-quality and durable products, also puts the highest demands on the data and cyber security of its networked devices, apps and web applications. Although, we try very hard to detect and eliminate weaknesses in advance, one hundred percent security in case of information technology can be hardly achieved.
For this reason, Miele is interested in any information from you that relates to possible or discovered data security risks affecting our networked products, apps or web applications.
For reporting vulnerabilities and information about cyber security at Miele, please use our international page:
Even if you're not quite sure: We will follow up your request and contact you if we have any further questions.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that stores Internet settings. Almost every website uses cookie technology. The cookie is downloaded by your Internet browser the first time you visit a website. The next time you visit this website with the same terminal device, the cookie and the information in it are either sent back to the originating website (First-party cookie) or to another website to which it belongs (Third-party cookie). By that, the website can detect that it has already been opened using this browser, and in some cases it will then vary the content it shows. Some cookies are extremely useful because they can improve your user experience when you return to a website you have already visited. This assumes that you are using the same terminal device and the same browser as before; if so, cookies will remember your preferences, will know how you use the website, and will adapt the content you are shown so that it is more relevant to your personal interests and needs.
Using First-party cookies
Categories of cookies
Based on what function cookies have and the purpose for which cookies are used, there are four categories of cookie: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies and marketing cookies.
Strictly necessary cookies
are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, some services cannot be provided – for example, remembering previous actions when navigating back to a page in the same session.
gather information about how a website is used – for example, which pages a visitor opens most often, and whether the user receives error messages from some pages. These cookies do not save information that would allow the user to be identified. The collected information is aggregated, and therefore made anonymous. These cookies are used exclusively to improve the performance of the website and with it the user experience.
enable a website to save information which has already been entered (such as user names, languages choices, and your location), so that it can offer you improved and more personalised functions. For example, a website can offer you local, price-relevant tax information if it uses a cookie to remember the region in which you are currently located. Functional cookies are also used to enable features you request such as playing videos. These cookies collect anonymous information and cannot track your movements on other websites.
are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They remember whether you have visited a website or not, and this information can be shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Cookies for improving group targeting and advertising will often be linked to site functionality provided by other organisations.
Miele wants to display special areas/functions optimally to offer you a comfortable and user-friendly experience. Therefore we save information about your visit in cookies. Without cookies it is not possible to visit our website. If you aim, you can leave the website now. All saved cookies of us will be deleted.